- Saturday, December 3, 2016. You are invited to attend A Christmas Brunch hosted by GFWC Ackerman 20th Century Club on Saturday, December 3rd from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Community Center. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Cost to attend is $20.00 per person. Featured Speaker will be Rita Sweatt. For ticket information, please any club member or contact Tinker Forrester at 312-1532. Flyer.
- Sunday, December 4, 2016. Snackin' with Mr. Snowman presented by the GFWC-MFWC Florentine Evening Club. Cost is $5.00 per person and may be purchased at Florence City Hall or by contacting Suzanne Poynor at 601.845.7014. Flyer.
- Sunday, December 11, 2016. Parade of Homes and Christmas Bazaar from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. presented by Poplarville Women's Club. Cost is $7.00 per person. Flyer.
- Saturday, December 17, 2016. The annual Wreaths Across America dedication ceremony will be held at Rockwell City Auditorium on Saturday, December 17, beginning promptly at 11:00 a.m. This event honors our veterans and military personnel. It takes place at the same time and in conjunction with the laying of the wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery near our nation's capital. Across the United States, in nearly 1,000 locations, this tribute to those who have served takes place simultaneously. At this ceremony wreaths are placed to honor each branch of our military plus one for POW/MIAs. The ceremony culminates a project to place wreaths on the graves of all veterans in approved cemeteries. The Okolona Oddfellows Cemetery is one of those approved. This Cemetery, located in north Okolona on MLK Drive contains the graves of over 250 American veterans of the Civil War, the Spanish-American War, World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam. Wreaths will have been placed on each of these graves prior to this ceremony, thanks to the generosity of those who purchased wreaths in memory or honor of service men and women. This event is sponsored by the Okolona Lanier Club which is part of the General Federation of Women's Clubs. Co-sponsors are the City of Okolona, the Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce and the Okolona Cemetery Committee. THE PUBLIC IS ASKED TO PLEASE ATTEND!! Everyone of all ages please come and show your appreciation for those who have defended our freedom. Flyer, Information Sheet
- Saturday, January 28, 2017. The Freedom 5K Walk/Run To End Human Trafficking is sponsored by the GFWC-MFWC Sub-Debs of Waynesboro, MS. The race will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2017, beginning in the city parking lot across from Ellis and Chapman on Station Street. Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the morning of the race. The race will begin promptly at 8 a.m. Net proceeds from the event will benefit Human Trafficking/Exploitation Organizations. Entry Fees: Early registration by January 20 - $25.00. PBP: $20.00. Late/Race Day registration - $30.00 Organized and Sponsored by the GFWC-MFWC Sub-Debs of Waynesboro a GFWC-Mississippi Federation of Woman’s Clubs, Inc. Juniorette Club. Flyer. Registration Form.